After the great success of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Microsoft is working on Windows 7 SP 1 andWindows 8 the next version of Windows. Today, according to electronista the release date of Windows 8 RTM leaked by a Microsoft Employee. Windows Server 2012 and Office 2012 would ship a year and a day later on July 2nd, 2012.
It would seem that Microsoft may be speeding up its product development cycle. A PDF leaked by Microsoft Ex-Employee with Estimated Product Support Life Cycles.It says,
- Microsoft will stop support for Windows XP after 2014.
- Microsoft will stop support for the disappointed version Vista after the middle of 2017.
- It will stop support for the super hit version Windows 7(Released in 2009) after the middle of 2019.
- And going to release Windows 8 RTM on July 2nd, 2011 and it will stop support for Windows 8 after 2021.
- For current Windows Client support will be available up to 2021.
- And for Office 2010 the beta is already available on Microsoft’s download page,the support will be available up to 2022.