If you are the user of Microsoft Windows Vista, it is general to see error code 8000ffff. Generally this error is happens when Windows Vista is being updates. While this error has been mostly seen by Microsoft Windows Vista users, it can be diagnose in a very easy way.
Error code 8000ffff is mostly seen in computer with a 4 Giga Byte Ram or more. This error can be caused generally because of corrupted Registry Entries and corrupted Application or software Distribution folder.
Note:- I do not recommend you doing this unless you are comfortable editing the Windows Settings. I will not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your PC after editing the settings by following the steps below. You proceed at your own risk or may take help from Microsoft Certified Technician at their Toll Free No. +1-877-452-9201
Steps to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8000FFFF
- Click on start button then go to control panel
- Inside control panel click on performance and maintenance
- Then go to Administrator Tools, inside Administrator tools click on services
- After that click on “Automatic Updates” then select the General tab and stop the update.
- After this process go to C drive where you can come across "SoftwareDistribution" folder. Then You rename the “SoftwareDistribution” Folder.
- Once the folder name is changed, you can turn on the Automatic Updates. In various cases, this would diagnose Error 8000ffff. Though if the Error persists, then it could be because of corrupted registry Entries.
- For diagnose corrupted registry entries you need to use registry-cleaning software for performing the cleaning. Using registry-cleaning software is risk free and the simplest way as the software does all the cleaning automatically. In case when you are cleaning the registry manually, there is a risk of losing valuable files from the registry.
- Another reason for Windows Update Error 0x8000FFFF is that your system is infected by viruses. Adware, Malware, Spam, Spyware, Computer, Worms, Trojan can damage the important files, which leads to Vista blue screen error. This means that you can prevent the error from happening if your computer is protected by the effective anti-virus program.