Mostly Windows Vista users back up their computer files on a regular basis. However, not many people have actually had to restore their system from a backup file after a Windows Vista crash. Fortunately, Windows Vista provides a very useful way for people to set up system backups, as well as restore their files from these backups. All you need is a backup file saved from before the crash as well as a reinstalled and functioning Vista installation.
Steps to restore Backup files:-
- Connect your PC to the location of backup files.
- Click on start button then click All Programs after that click on Accessories.
- Then scroll to the System Tools folder, and then select the Backup Status and Configuration option.
- Choose the Restore files option then click on Advanced Restore option.
- Select the Files from a backup made on a different computer option, and then click the Next.
- Select the location of the backup, and then click the Next button.
- Choose the backup files you want to restore, and then click Next.
- Select the option to restore the files to their original locations, and then click Start Restore.
- Click Finish after the message successfully restored files appears on the screen.