Microsoft Windows integrates Windows Firewall Service, a built-in firewall program that protects your Windows PC from being compromised to virus, malware and other such threats designed to harm your digital data and safety. Yet at times, Windows Firewall may encounter problems due to several reasons. You can check the below common problems and their fixes to fix them:
Common Windows Firewall Service Issues:
1. Windows Firewall is not set as the default firewall
2. Windows could not start Windows Firewall, error 5 (0X5) or 80070424
3. Windows Firewall blocked Remote Assistance
4. Windows Firewall blocked access to shared files and printers
5. Windows Firewall could not be started
6. Missing BFE service
Follow the steps given below and fix the above mentioned problems:
1. Connect to the Internet and open your web browser.
2. Visit this link http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_firewall_diagnostic/ and click the Run Now button.
3. Click the Run button to start running the MicrosoftFixit.WindowsFirewall.RNP.Run.exe tool.
4. Click Run again if prompted. Once you click the Run button, the tool window will disappear and start diagnosing the Windows Firewall Service in your computer.
***Repair Windows for any problems that may occur or recur due to several reasons
5. Wait while the tool diagnoses and fix the problem. Make sure that you are logged on as an administrator to your Windows computer. Otherwise, you may encounter a run time error or similar one.
6. Follow rest of the on-screen instructions and finish the process. If prompted, restart your computer and you are done.
***You can also find here How to disable Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows 7. You can also make your web browser secure and safe.