To install Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE), the user have to go through the genuine validation check. If the genuine validation passes, the installation continues but if failed, the user cannot go on with the installation viewing the error “This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation. You might be a victim of software counterfeiting” and will be either asked to close up the setup or get a genuine Windows.
System requirements for installation:-
- Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista (Gold, Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2) or Windows 7
- For Windows XP, a computer with a processor clock speed of 500 MHz or higher, and and 256 Mega Byte RAM or higher .
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a computer with a processor clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 Giga Byte RAM or higher.
- Video Graphics Adapter display of 800 × 600 or higher.
- Need 140 Mega Byte space available on hard disk.
- An Internet connection is necessary for installation and to download the latest malware, virus and spy-ware definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE).
- Need internet Web Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later etc.
- Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE) also supports Windows XP Mode in Windows 7.