Below are some of the tips that can help to improve your computer performance:-
1. Free Disk Space
Launch "Disk Cleanup" to clear the hard drive of old or unnecessary files.
2. Defragment the Hard Disk
Open "Disk Defragmenter" to fragmented files and folders. When these items are fragmented, the computer's performance is slowed. This takes some time to complete, but can run in the background.
- Click on Start,
- Then click on All Programs, then Accessories,
- Click System Tools, and then click Disk Defragmenter,
- Select the drives to be defragmented,
- After that click on defragment disk to continue.
Ensure the integrity of files and drives by running the Error Checking application. Close all open files.
- Click Start,
- Then click on My Computer
- Then Right click the hard disk
- Then click on Properties,
- Then select Tools, after that click on Check Now.
- Then click on "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"
- After that click on start to continue.