What is An Anti-Virus? It is a software program, which is installed on the computers to help them protect from computer viruses, spyware, adware, Trojans, and other malicious programs. Such programs, after breaking into the PCs, install themselves on the PCs and hamper their speed or steal vital information such as bank account numbers, passwords, and credit card details etc. from them. The stolen information can be misused for financial/social crimes or as a serious threat to national security!
Why We need Anti-Virus? An anti-virus program is designed to protect, identify, and remove malicious software programs so that the PC users stay secured and protected while using their PCs from any unwanted computer threats. Besides the information, Such threats sweep the users' peace of mind. The anti-virus program also provides enhanced protection to internet users from the web-based threats, which are as harmful as computer threats. Therefore, one must have an anti-virus software installed on the computer so as to avoid any possible inconveniences or threats.
What is Microsoft Security Essentials? It is an anti-virus software from Microsoft to secure home PCs from spyware, viruses, rootkits, and adware among other malicious software programs. It runs only on genuine Microsoft windows, and is designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Being the most advanced version in the suite, It replaces its predecessors such as Windows Live OneCare and Windows Defender.
Why Microsoft Security Essentials? It's a free version for the genuine Microsoft product users to help them highly secure their PCs from several malicious software programs. Microsoft Security Essentials is the only hassle-free security solution that detects and removes malicious programs completely. Thus, it gives users the essential peace of mind by saving their precious time and money. Yes, time and money value are the two most important things that the whole world dies for and there are no exceptions to this! Microsoft Security Essentials lives up to the customers' expectations fully without costing them dearly.
- Real time & on-demand protection
- Windows firewall integration that lets users to turn on and off Windows firewall
- Award-winning anti-malware engine that keeps itself updated with latest features and bug fixes every month
- Automatic updates without hampering the computer's speed
- Malicious software detection and removal
- Proactive detection capabilities
- Click-to-Run technology that checks for updates and supplements periodically and installs them automatically
- Microsoft Spynet that allows users to share and report malicious programs to Microsoft's network community