McAfee Virus Protection is an antivirus program created and maintained by McAfee Inc. McAfee markets Anti-virus to home and home-office users. McAfee AntiVirus includes virus protection and more, with a few added utilities that improve usability and effectiveness. McAfee Anti-Virus software protects your computer from malicious software that attempts to install itself without your knowledge(see:McAfee Anti-Virus: How to Download and Install). Unfortunately, it can get in the way of legitimate programs you are trying to install, so you may need to temporarily disable it from time to time.
McAfee Virus Only
• Locate the red "M" icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the desktop. Right-click on it.
• Look for an option in the new menu that will pop up that says either "Exit" or "Disable" and click on it.
• Click "Yes" on the pop up box that will appear asking if you are sure you want to disable the McAfee Anti-Virus program.
• Double-click on the McAfee desktop icon, or re-start the computer entirely to enable the program again.
McAffee Security Center
• Find red "M" icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the desktop. Double click on it.
• Click on the "Advanced" tab and then choose the option labeled as "Configure."
• Click on the "Files" button on the top toolbar. Click on the "Disable" button at the center of the screen.
• Enter in a time for the program to automatically turn back on in the text field at the right or, instead, re-start the computer to turn it back on.
Note: To get McAfee support ,you can reach V tech-squad online technical support at their Toll Free No +1-877-452-9201.