In few conditions we may need to disable Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE) in order to install other software.
Simple steps to disable Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE):-
- Click on start button
- Then open Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE)
- When the application opens, go to the "Settings" tab.
- Then select “Real-time protection” (on the left side of the window).
- Click the check box next to "Turn on real-time protection (recommended)."
- Then click Save changes button.
- 1. Disabling your antivirus software is that it’s a very bad idea. It might be a disaster for your system. I suggested to Re-enable Microsoft Security Essentials as soon as possible to safeguard your computer.
- 2. If you want to update MSE manually, you can get steps in my previous post How Update Microsoft Security Essentials Manually